During the detox, you may experience the following uncomfortable symptoms of detox. Even though the supplementation program was designed to decrease these symptoms, everyone is different. Let us know if you have any of these issues, because it tells us something about your body and how it works.
- Add electrolyte powder to your water – contact us to get our recommendations.
- Drink more water
- Eat an avocado
- Add more nuts into your meals
- Drink some pickle juice.
This can be from lower blood sugar than you are used to, or to actually moving toxins out of your body.
- Drink more water
- Eat more protein powder
- Take detoxifying baths, or use the dry sauna.
- If it lasts more than 3 days, contact us.
- Headaches are often an indication of candida dying off in your gut. You may want a stool test to determine.
- Drink more water
- Try “Smooth Move” tea – this is a temporary fix.
- Add in some fresh ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- Get a colonic. These are great for regulating your gut function, and especially during the detox; we recommend them highly.
- Exercise lightly
- You may want a stool test to determine what is going on.
The remedy for this is another protein shake at lunch, or to actually rest.
Working out during a detox is healthy, but you don’t want to do too much cardio or get your heart rate up too much during this process. Give yourself some down time to regenerate.
Whenever you detoxify your body, you are also going to detoxify your mind and emotions. Be aware of what comes up, and practice your healthy mindset protocols, meditation, yoga, journaling etc. Get to the root of the emotion, recognize it, and let it go.
If you feel really low energy, fatigue and irritability, it could be a sign that you have a candida infection in your gut. If you haven’t already done so, you can check your microbiome and digestive function by ordering our Digestive Analysis.
- If you are very active, you may get hungry. You can get another vegan protein powder to make another smoothie for lunch.
- You can make a trail mix with nuts and unsweetened dried fruit, with cacao nibs.
- Eat another salad.
- This is often a habit, or an emotional response, rather than true hunger. Check in and see what it is. Drink a full glass of water, eat celery, and see if it passes.
- We do not regulate your calories during this process, we want you to choose more anti-inflammatory foods.
Nausea, gas, bloating.
You may be sensitive to the detoxification powder, or your gut dysbiosis may be fighting back!
Try some peppermint tea, or stopping the detox powder for a day or two to see if it improves. It is ok to be without protein for a couple of days, you just need to make sure your activity level doesn’t exceed your calorie intake.
Stress can cause all of these symptoms.
Stress is the sympathetic system, detoxification and digestion are its opposite, the parasympathetic system. If you are stressed and upset and trying to push through the detox you can just stop, relax, and get back to it later. You can give yourself some down time, gentleness, and support your parasympathetic system.
- Take a hot Epsom salt bath
- Take a walk or do light exercise
- Disconnect from your stressors, devices, the news etc.
- Stretch or do yoga.
- Get in a dry or infrared sauna.
- Do nothing.
Whenever you detox, more than just your body shifts. There is always an emotional response. Sit with it, recognize it, and use mindset tools to overcome it. This can be deeply healing in more ways than one. I have regularly had clients go through a detox, and then make deeply healing changes in their life by leaving behind those things that are unhealthy for them. Treating the cause of disease is always the most effective, and sometimes our jobs and relationships are what are making us sick.