Get a better look at your thyroid function:
Determine if thyroid is really a problem for you with state of the art testing. Testing panel includes TSH, Free T4, Free T3 and reverseT3. Thyroid medication is now the number one most prescribe medication in the US. Tons of people have unhealthy thyroids!
Even if many people are getting prescriptions, many others still think they have a problem with thyroid but their labs are normal. You want to do our testing!
- When TSH is done alone, it tells you very little. It is also a silly test, because it is like sitting down with your grandmother to get to know you better. TSH is two full steps away from the active thyroid hormone, T3. Levothyroxine, or Synthroid is T4 hormone. If you can’t convert to T3, the active form, then you also aren’t getting good results with your medication.
- We check FreeT4 and FreeT3 because if those hormones are bound up on carrier molecules, they aren’t able to work for you.
- Reverse T3 can also decrease TSH, and is a common culprit keeping TSH normal in people who are showing symptoms of an unhealthy, or sluggish thyroid.
Who would benefit from this testing?
- If your doctor ran your TSH and it was higher than 2. If so, you don’t qualify for a prescription, but we know your thyroid is struggling and we want to look deeper to find out why, and treat the problem.
- Do you have difficulty losing weight?
- Are you under stress?
- Do you have anxiety, or depression?
- Are you experiencing hair loss.
Symptoms of Thyroid imbalances include:
- Dry Skin
- Hair Loss and Thinning Eyebrows
- Heart problems
- Fibromyalgia and pain
- Difficulty losing weight.