You have made an important commitment to being healthier, and treating the cause of chronic disease by joining us for the NaturopathicMD supervised metabolic detox protocol. This is the most advanced detoxification you can do in the comfort of your own home, without a prescription. You are not only doing an elimination diet, you are also lowering your inflammation, mobilizing non-metallic toxicants, supporting your digestive system, and up-regulating your phase I and II detox pathways. It is intense! And it is ok to feel as though it is intense. You do not have to do this perfectly. There is no such thing. Try to keep with the diet as much as possible, and away from your red and orange food sensitivities from your ALCAT test.
You are doing this to reverse some of the major causes of chronic disease, and increase your health and longevity! Why else are you doing it? Those reasons are important to help propel you through this often difficult process. Take good care of yourself, be gentle with yourself, try your best, and let us know if you have questions.
Have a morning smoothie with 1 or 2 scoops of the Detox protein powder provided. You will have received this separately from your packets.
Please use unsweetened almond, cashew, coconut, hemp, walnut, macadamia milk. Organic options are best. You could also use water. Use whatever amount results in the consistency that you like.
You can add:
You will also be sent some fun smoothie recipes you can experiment with and enjoy.
• Be sure to drink water during the day. We recommend drinking between half your weight in ounces to your weight in oz. For example, if you weigh 200 lbs, drink between 100 and 200 oz of water over the duration of the day. If you are up to urinate a lot at night, you can stop drinking a couple hours before bed. If that doesn’t resolve it, please let us know. You want clean, filtered water, and to drink it out of glass or stainless steel. Contact us if you have questions.
• You can eat as many low glycemic, organic fruits and vegetables as you wish during this process. We recommend making big salads, grilling or baking vegetables. You can enjoy any fruit under 41 in the glycemic index according to this resource.
• You can also have raw nuts and seeds, nut butters, coconut oil, olive oil and other healthy oils.
o Men especially benefit from pumpkin seeds
• For dinner, have another smoothie, and you can have more salad and vegetables if you are hungry.
• Take your evening packet with dinner, or before bed, whichever is easiest for you.
During the 30 days of your detox protocol, avoid the following:
• Dairy: milk, yogurt, cheese, cream, sour cream etc.
• Animal Protein: pork, beef, chicken, turkey, fish, venison, bison, eggs etc.
• Legumes: beans, soy, chick peas, lentils, peas etc.
• Grains: rice, wheat, corn, oats.
• Nightshades: tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, peppers, potatoes, beets, sweet potatoes, turnips, pumpkins, squash or other starchy vegetables.
• Alcohol, coffee, black tea,
• Sugar, corn syrup and agave nectars.
• Bananas, dates and melons and other high glycemic fruits if you want to lose weight and decrease your reaction to candida. You can find out if this is an issue for you by getting your microbiome tested.
• Canola and vegetable oil.
• Avoid foods packaged in plastic.
• Avoid detergents, deodorants, moisturizers, toothpaste, cosmetics, and personal care products with fragrance, parabens, phthalates, SLS etc.
During this process, we expect you to enjoy the following:
Remember, you do not have to be perfect. Just be with your body. The supplements and protein powders are going to help you detox no matter what. Everything else is just extra on top. However, the closer you stick to the program, the better you will feel and the deeper your causes of disease will be addressed.
Please check in and let us know if you have any questions or concerns about this detox protocol. Also, be sure to email us and let us know what day you plan to start your detoxification so we can have your supplementation protocol ready to go. It is optimal if you do not have to travel, but if travel is necessary, let us know and we can help with recommendations and hacks.
Follow us on Instagram to get access to Dr. Wilde's healthy life hacks, moments of appreciation of natural beauty, stories of adventure and personal growth and food pics.