Dr. Wdowin is a foodie. She LOOOOOOOVES to eat and enjoys good food so much, she often dances while eating it. She feels your pain if you are worried about what you are going to eat during this time, and how to keep from getting bored with your options. Here are some smoothie recipes for breakfast and dinner that can enliven your taste buds and break up the monotony.
Delicious and healthy smoothie recipes:
Sure, you can just blend the powder with an unsweetened nut milk and add some berries and call it good. Or, you could try some of these recipes at breakfast or dinner to spice things up! All smoothie recipes are for one serving. If you can’t eat it all, save for lunch or a snack.
Higher in calories due to the almond butter and coconut oil, but an all American flavor combination like a PB&J.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or nut milk of your choice)
- ½ cup frozen organic raspberries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 drops of Stevia (Sweet Leaf)
- 1 serving of detox powder (whatever your detox lists as a serving)
Cacao and Mint
Like a healthy thin mint. . . kind of
- 1-1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop of mint flavored greens powder (see Amazon list) or 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 serving of chocolate protein or detox powder
- 4 ice cubes
- 1-2 drops Sweetleaf liquid Stevia to taste
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large handful organic spinach
Golden Buddha Belly
This one is really anti-inflammatory and good for digestion – my favorite!
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (or other unsweetened nut milk)
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1 Serving of Protein or Detox Powder (Vanilla)
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- ¾ tsp ginger powder
- 1 TBSP turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/8 tsp or a pinch of cayenne
- 1/8 tsp clove powder
- 1½ cups ice
Tastes like sweet tarts and is full of antioxidants: good for your whole body!
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (or other nut milk)
- 1 cup (total) frozen organic blueberries, raspberries and/or blackberries
- ½ cup soaked goji berries (soak for 10 minutes – keep the water and add to the smoothie – notice the color – bioflavonoids!!)
- 1 large handful spinach
- 1 serving of protein or detox powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 tsp Matcha powder (green tea)
- 1-2 tsp vitamin C powder – you can use more to have a more tart smoothie- but watch you don’t use too much! You may need more trips to the bathroom. Even so – that is detoxifying!
- ½ tsp turmeric powder