We all like our house to be gloriously clean and sparkly, but we certainly don’t want the cleaning products used to ruin our health. Choose non-toxic cleaning products and enjoy better health.
There was recently a study illustrating that people in the janitorial profession had much higher rates of auto-immunity, due to the chemicals they were exposed to. Chemical exposure is at the root of all chronic diseases, because it causes DNA damage, neurological damage, hormone imbalances and liver stress. When you change to non-toxic cleaning products, you decrease the amount of chemicals your body has to deal with.
Here’s what you can do:
- If you have a cleaning service, ask them to use green cleaners.
- Curious about whether your cleaning products are toxic? You can find out from the Environmental Working Group data base. They also have great recommendations for non-toxic options.
- For simplicity’s sake, you can purchase plant
based enzymatic cleaners. Here are some of Dr. Wdowin’s favorites:
- Air fresheners – get an essential oil diffuser and let nature scent your house and office.
- Enzymatic cleaner– solutions to the messes your furry loved ones make.
After your detox, you may want to see what chemicals are still in your body, and learn more about where you are getting exposed to them. If you want to do our non-metallic toxins test, you can order it here.