Congratulations on completing your detoxification! Remember, this isn’t an exercise in perfection, and even if you didn’t adhere to the process exactly, you still eliminated a lot of toxicity from your body and lowered your inflammation levels. Are you ready for your food reintroduction?
Now you may be excited to go out an eat everything you missed on the detox, and you can. But you you have an incredible opportunity RIGHT NOW to get to know your body even better by doing a reintroduction of the foods you have eliminated during the detox.
Food sensitivity tests are great, but not perfect. The information you can get in the laboratory of your body can give us another piece of the puzzle. You can pay attention to your resting heart rate, because it will increase with inflammation.
Please list any symptoms that improved during this last 30
days of detoxification:
As you reintroduce food you are sensitive to, these symptoms will likely return and you know to avoid that food.
You removed the following during the diet:
- Dairy – milk, cream
- Fermented dairy – yogurt, sour cream, cheese, keifer
- Nightshades – tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, peppers etc
- Sugar – we don’t recommend eating sugar especially if you have shown a sensitivity to candida.
Choose the foods that you missed the most, or you think will help with variety in your diet. We usually recommend adding in Eggs or Fermented Dairy first, as long as they are not something you know you are sensitive to.
We will be weaning you off of the protein powder, and adding in whole food sources of protein, but we need to make sure you aren’t adding to your symptoms when you do so.
- Add in enough of a food to allow your immune system the opportunity and impetus to react. Eat ½ a serving of the food being reintroduced 3 times in one day.
For example, if you reintroduce eggs:
- Have an egg for breakfast
- Add a hard-boiled egg to your lunch salad.
- Have a frittata with vegetables for dinner.
- Then wait 2 days and monitor your symptoms. If any of the symptoms you experienced improvement with during the detox return, you know you are sensitive to the food being reintroduced. If you get other symptoms you didn’t notice before, you are likely sensitive to that food. If you do not notice any symptoms, then you can continue having that food in your diet, and then move on to the next reintroduction in 2 days.
- Is this convenient? No. Is it how the body works? Yes. Can it be sped up? No. So, prioritize the foods you really want to add in, and pay attention to your body as you do the reintroductions and see what comes up.
- If you don’t show any symptoms during the first day, you may add some more of the food being tested in the second day. Try to keep the third day clear, because it can take 1 minute to 72 hours for a symptom to show up.
- If you add in more than one
food at a time, and you get uncomfortable symptoms:
- Avoid eating everything new that you ate for 3 days and let the symptoms disappear.
- Introduce one at a time and monitor your symptoms
- Or, avoid them all together until your gut heals up more.
- In the beginning, you will need another protein source to make sure you get enough during the 2 days where you wait to observe symptoms. You may continue with the Detox powder we provided, or you can get an option that is the same sort of protein you used during the detox. For example: If you used Mediclear SGS you can get an organic vegan rice and pea protein.
- If you used a whey based, beef based, or other type protein, continue using that or one with the same clean protein source. You can get it yourself, or contact us and we can get it for you.
How do you know if you are Sensitive or Reacting to a food during the food reintroduction?
Many common food sensitivity symptoms are as follows:
- Headaches or other painful processes: rheumatoid or osteoarthritis, joint or muscle pain, fibromyalgia.
- Heart palpitations or hypertension
- Anxiety, sweating
- Sleep disturbances – poor quality sleep, insomnia, waking often
- Weight gain: If you gain 1-3 lbs overnight after reintroducing a food you know it is causing inflammation and you are holding water weight.
- Allergies: eczema, psoriasis, sinus problems, seasonal allergies or asthma.
- Worsening PMS or menopausal symptoms, PCOS etc
- IBS/IBD digestive problems: bloating, nausea, heart burn or GERD, constipation, diarrhea, gas etc.
If any of these symptoms appear, or reappear, you are most likely sensitive to the food you reintroduced. Don’t worry, most of them will be reversible in time. Avoiding the foods will bring you great relief.
Hacks for the food reintroduction process:
- If you eat something like eggs for breakfast and don’t feel well, YOU DON”T HAVE TO EAT IT AGAIN. Wait 2 days, and try something else. Remove the sensitive food for 6 months and then try again.
- If you know you are going to eat something that doesn’t agree with you, take extra digestive enzymes at that meal to minimize the symptoms.
- If you are sensitive to a great many foods you will be sent a healing gut powder, this will help you heal up your gut lining. Take ½ TBSP in water at night to help heal the lining.
- We recommend avoiding the Severe and Moderate sensitivities (Red and Orange) for 6 months.
- If there is something on there you can’t live without, try it in a reintroduction and see if you react. I was initially sensitive to chocolate and didn’t believe it, so I did this myself.
- What about spices? I am not overly concerned with spices like black pepper, turmeric, sage, etc. You likely aren’t eating or taking enough of it to really trigger your immune system. We add things in at 3 meals to make sure you are given enough of the substance to react to, and so small amounts shouldn’t give you trouble unless the sensitivity is severe. If you are Severe or Moderately (Red or Orange) sensitive to something like turmeric or black pepper, you may want to reintroduce it along these guidelines just to make sure you aren’t overly sensitive. If you don’t react, then keep them in your diet.
These foods can be reintroduced in any order:
- But, we do not recommend reintroducing foods you reacted to on a food sensitivity test for 6 months. This allows time for your gut to heal up, and your immune system to reset so you are less likely to react to these foods.
|Food Reintroduced||Symptoms Y/N||What Symptoms?|
|Nightshade veggies on your green and yellow list – tomato, pepper, potato, eggplant etc. *|
*You may reintroduce nightshades collectively if most of them are on your Green (acceptable) food list. If you have any of them on yellow or red, avoid those, and only reintroduce those in Green.
Remember, this is a great opportunity to get information about your body and how it reacts while you do the food reintroduction.
If you decide to not do the full food reintroduction, that’s OK!
Hopefully during the detox you learned to pay attention to your body a bit more, and that information is priceless. If you return to normal life and you eat something and you have symptoms that flare, we hope you connect the two so you can use the principles learned here to rewind, and see what you are sensitive to.
Hormone Balance Program$999.00 Add to cart
Mediclear SGS Vanilla$84.00 Add to cart
Mediclear SGS Chocolate$84.00 Add to cart
Female Hormone Profile$350.00 Add to cart
Advanced Cardiometabolic Testing$400.00 Add to cart
Skin Health Consult and Action Plan$199.00 Add to cart
CoverThree 6 Pack$39.99 Add to cart
CoverThree 30 Pack$179.99 Add to cart
Allergy Support$153.00 Add to cart
AllQlear$25.00 Add to cart
Gut Repair Protocol$199.00 Add to cart
L-Glutamine$38.50 Add to cart
Pregnenolone 100mg$44.00 Add to cart
30 day Detoxification Program$600.00 Add to cart
Powdered Probiotic$43.00 Add to cart
B12 and 5-MTHF for MTHFR$15.00 Add to cart
Comprehensive Hormones for Infertility and PCOS$499.00 Add to cart
Step 3 Intensive Sleep Support$33.99 Add to cart
Step 2 Stressed Sleep Support$59.99 Add to cart
Step 1 Gentle Sleep Support$41.99 Add to cart
Advanced Thyroid Testing$300.00 Add to cart
Stress, Inflammation and Toxicity Pack$175.00 Add to cart
Intravenous Nutritional Formula Creation$150.00 Add to cart
Personalized Supplementation Program
$250.00Add to cart
Basic Blood Work$345.00 Add to cart
Male Hormone Panel$350.00 Add to cart
Are you Tired and Stressed? Check your Cortisol!$150.00 Add to cart
Toxic Chemical Testing – Know Your Exposure$450.00 Add to cart
Microbiome Assessment$350.00 Add to cart
Digestive Analysis for Optimal Health$700.00 Add to cart
Food Sensitivity Test$695.00 Add to cart
Nutritional Genetic Analysis$450.00 Add to cart
Neurotransmitters Are the Key to Your Moods and Mental Health$450.00 Add to cart
30 minute Appointment ala carte$250.00 Add to cart
60 minute Appointment ala carte$450.00 Add to cart